Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Great Wide Whatever (1)

Visitation (17 July 2007)
This was taken a while ago during a highly touristic evening at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, Cairns, North Queensland, Australia. The show is the sort of cultural rest stop I would normally avoid, for reasons that get more complicated the more I think about it. It's worth a long essay that I don't feel qualified to write, which is one reason I would rather not have gone there in the first place. In any event, I only snapped 4 or 5 photos the whole evening, all of which I was tempted to delete, but after I spent a little time processing this particular shot it seemed to take on a life of its own, and the issue of authenticity started to feel a bit less relevant. It is what it is, whatever that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home