Monday, May 21, 2007

The sound of one hand clapping

Early this morning I woke up from a frighteningly realistic dream that some dog-sized mammal with very sharp teeth had climbed into bed with me and was about to munch off one of my nuts. I noted that it was 3:48 AM, and a few seconds later I realized an answer to the Zen koan, "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" It is this blog. Since I lend a lot of credence to my first thoughts on awakening from a strange dream, I felt an immediate compulsion to get up and write this post. My next thought was, "Whatever" as I rolled over and went back to sleep.

This is a true story.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i think kafka just rolled over in his grave.

then fell back a asleep.

May 26, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home